yepmeatless

Monday, October 03, 2005

The endless possibilities of yogurt

Since I don't go out to eat much anymore, I thought I'd share some of my more awesome homemade creations with you.

spoiled milk alternative

a short back story:
I don't drink a lot of milk. The only reason I buy it is for my morning/afternoon coffee. At this rate of consumption, I am often greeted by curdled milk in the morning. Its so sad, as often I don't realize until I pour it into my coffee. This morning, faced with either black or rotten coffee I was hit by a stroke of genius: I could scrap the congealed cream of the top of the yogurt. Its cold, its dairy, it simply had to work.

one cup hot coffee
two spoonfuls of yogurt cream
stir like you've never stirred before and enjoy!

sidenote:
upon finishing the second cup, I noticed that the last few sips are a sort of coffee-yogurt sludge. While it doesn't taste bad, it doesn't go down that easily either. I think its a texture thing.

4 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, October 03, 2005, Blogger Sam said...

Dude... maybe this bloggy blog should be about unique (a.k.a. gross) food alternatives. Or vegetarianism... either way really.

 
At 5:29 PM, October 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, this blog should be about all the rotten food that lives in harmony with you guys at the apartment.

Rotten coffee is great!

 
At 7:38 PM, October 03, 2005, Blogger Pienthesky said...

For someone who has expressed such a distaste for mushrooms, that seems like an excessive amount of fungus!!!

 
At 10:13 AM, October 04, 2005, Blogger TheDarkLordDerfla said...

Waitress: What can I get you to drink.

Me: Just a cup o' Joe.

Waitress: How do you take it?

Me: Black with a couple spoonfuls of bacteria.

Carrie, you never cease to amaze me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home